This pumpkin hummus is a tastier and healthier alternative to ranch or other veggie dips.
Plus you can make this appetizer up to 2 days in advance, so that on Thanksgiving day you don’t have to worry about it, you’re welcome!
All you do is throw all the ingredients in the blender or food processor and you’re done!
Choose whichever veggies you like, I chose celery, carrots and green beans, because you can cut them in long sticks great for easy dipping.
Just looking at this picture makes my mouth water.
- 2 cups chickpeas, if using canned, rinse and drain well
- 1 (14 oz.) can of pumpkin puree, make sure it isn’t pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- Toasted whole-wheat pita bread, cut in triangles, for serving
- Vegetable sticks, for serving
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients, except the pita and vegetable sticks.
- Blend for approximately 3 minutes, or until it is the consistency that you prefer, use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the blender to make sure and get all the ingredients blended well.
- Serve with pita and vegetable sticks.
- Tip- you can make the hummus up to 2 days in advance, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.