Granola is one of my family’s favorite breakfasts and go-to snacks. So when I found vegan chocolate chips I knew I had to make a Chocolate Coconut Granola recipe for my family. Enjoy Life is the brand, and I get the semi-sweet chocolate mini chips, they are dairy, nut and soy free! You can find them at Whole Foods and the other day I found them at my local Publix grocery store. They cost around $5 for a 10 oz. bag.
If you do not find vegan chocolate chips, use your favorite vegan chocolate bar, just chop it up into small pieces and put them in after the granola comes out of the oven, so that it doesn’t completely melt.
I always start by baking the oats alone, before adding the ingredients.
Do a rough chop on the almonds, or whatever your favorite nut is.
Remember that you can substitute these ingredients for your favorite ingredients, this is why making granola is so great, you’re only limited by your own imagination.
Now get ready to for the wonderful smell of granola baking throughout your house.
Warning, this Chocolate Coconut Granola will become one of your favorite granola recipes!
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup hemp seeds, or whichever seed you prefer
- ½ cup of almonds, rough chop
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup, or any liquid sweetener you prefer
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread the plain oats on a rimmed baking pan, and bake for 10 minutes
- Transfer the oats to a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients, mix well before adding the wet ingredients, mix well again.
- Spread the mixture on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir after 5 minutes, to brown evenly.
- Allow to cool on the baking pans.
- Move to a large bowl and stir until it is crumbly.
- Store in a glass container.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Coconut Granola”
The picture is not steel cut oats.
Oops, you are correct! When I first made the recipe I used steel cut oats and wasn’t happy with the outcome, so I changed them to old-fashioned oats. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I will update the recipe.